Search This Blog

Friday, August 9, 2019

Clinical Intelligence Analytics - Insights

Clinical Trial studies a new drug or device before it is brought to the market. The new therapy is tested on human subjects to evaluate its safety and efficacy.
Sponsors or investigators of certain clinical trials are required by U.S. law to register their trials on and submit summary results to ClinicalTrials.gov website. 
While working for a CRO as a Business Intelligence and Data warehouse Engineer, I gained some basic knowledge about the Clinical Research. I got so much interested that I decided to study Bio-sciences Management and Analytics subjects in my graduate MBA program. Unfortunately, my curiosity and the desire to learn more about Bio-sciences did not end there. 
I am passionate about creating insights out of data and I always try to unravel the layers of my curiosity by diving deep into the data. So, I decided to get the data from ClinicalTrials.gov and create Clinical Intelligence Analytics for myself. Here is the link in case you want to download it too.: https://aact.ctti-clinicaltrials.org/
The objective of creating this application is to share the insights with the community so that they know more about the things happening in this space. I would be really happy if this application could be of any benefit to patients, physicians,sponsors and other partners of the ecosystem. There are few online websites that helps patients find the recruiting study. However, I did not find any easy way that can help patients find out more about particular studies or sponsors or investigators in the past so that they can make informed decisions.
I used Talend software to get the data and used Qlikview BI to do data preparation and to create analytic dashboards. I have created more than a dozen dashboards so far and creating more as we go along. 
I would appreciate to leave a comment if you read the posts and find it useful. 
Since I do not want to make the posts boring for readers by putting a lot of information in one single post, I would be posting multiple posts in a series in coming days and update the link below in this post.

1. Clinical Summary Dashboard
2. Growth Trends Dashboard

Here are few links that would help in understanding basic terminology and basic information on ClinicalTrials.gov:
Common Terms
Trends Charts

2 comments:

Kanna karthik said...

Hi, Very nice blog, It gives very useful information regarding clinical research. People who are searching for these type of services it is very useful thanks for sharing. our regulatory and strategic consulting services help in supporting Clinical trials in oncology new drug development & safety reporting in clinical trials
https://www.abiogenesisclinpharm.com/regulatory-affairs

Manohar Rana said...

Thanks, Kanna.